The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of our company has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. The CFO job description should also extend to obtaining and maintaining investor relations and partnership compliance. Experience in Automotive industry is of particular value.
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures
The role of CFO is very senior, hence a high level of experience is expected for anyone applying for this role. A Bachelor’s degree in the following will be expected for this role:
- Finance or Economics
An MBA or CPA is also highly desirable. At least 10 years’ experience in the finance industry and managing a team is a must – with examples of when they have demonstrated excellence in the workplace. A CFO must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written. They must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organisation and exercise sound judgement.
- Previous experience in executive management
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong integrity and accountability
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to handle pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills